JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Filmmakers must wait to DIRT NAP!

I just got through shooting, it's almost six a.m. and my call time today is at 8:30 a.m. If you wanna be an indie filmmaker you must make a pledge to never sleep again, until that nice perpetual siesta, "Dirt Nap!" I found a camera operator, but he got tired and left early! Another consequence of people coming on board for free & expecting it to be like a summer camp experience! Not indie filmmaking! Morelike BOOT CAMP! I had to set up the shots on the sticks then run into the scene! It's quite fun & funny. If you go to my screening, I will tell which scene it was at the Q&A. I'll work to the bone, because it is my baby! I should have gone faster, but I can't unring the bell. I must sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home