JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Saturday, January 03, 2009

FOR NO ONE my new Novela/Webisode series.


Hola,
In an effort to get my filmmaking and acting chops ready for my next film, I decided to embark upon a series for the web! This is it, which is episode 1 of 10. The series revolves around two married couples, in which the guys are business partners. They are filmmakers, which is drama in itself! haha. The guys are played by an amazing actor and musician, GEORGE CASTELLS. I met George through his real wife, who is a dancer and performed in my program Dulce December Night. I cast George the night before the shoot, and he gladly accepted! As you see, I made an amazing choice!! I play the other guy, a very questionable choice, indeed!!! haha

The wives are played by ALLA GREENE, who I met at an audition for a Pepsi commercial. She got a callback, I didn't!! She was just sitting there, and I couldn't take my eyes off of her, and at that point, I knew she was the girl, JULIE, for my series! The other wife is JENNIFER MARKS, who I met at Jennifer's Coffee House and plays the role of, GRETCHEN. No, she is not the owner of the coffee house. With my first gaze into her stunning eyes, I knew I would cast her for a project, and this was it!!!

I will be shooting episode 2- 5 next week then I'll edit and post! So, I will keep YOU posted!! I LOVE MY LIFE!! xoxo, jd

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the first one and look forward to the rest- katie

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked the first episode! Can't wait to see the rest of them! Good luck and god bless!!-nicolina

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home