JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Camera FELL, but not our SPIRITS!

Todays shoot was amazing then right before shooting the last scene of the day, I got sloppy, & didn't notice the mount on my camera for the tri-pod was loose. I rested the camera on the tri-pod and gravity got the best of me. I managed to break, no pun intened, part of the fall with my foot. The camera did not break, and we continued to shoot & pretty much laughed it off. My heart sank faster than the velocity of the drop!!!! Thank you film GODS!

Today i was an Actor, Director, D.P. Grip, & Craft service. In true indie style, BABY! the fatigue and weight of wearing all those hats I'm sure contributed to my baby taking the plunge this evening!

Mexican American Psycho lives to FILM/FIGHT another day.

I will not shoot day 14 till next Wed as tomorrow I'm doing a tweak to THE DIVORCE CEREMONY and get it tight for the film festival on Sat.

Oh ya, I'm flying to McAllen Texas, my home town on Thursday for the CINESOL film festival!

I look forward to seeing my family and friends. all TWO of them haha.....amor, amor, amor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home