JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

"FUGUE" ative....on the RUN!

A Fugue filmmaker must Write, Direct, Shoot, Light, and Edit his own film. ACTING in your own film is encouraged but not required. We must do it ALL not because we are control freaks, but because we don't have the budget to have a crew, PERIOD! However, It's been my experience that LESS is MORE in Fugue set! Case and Point: A pioneer and HERO of this craft ROBERT RODRIGUEZ! The book A REBEL WITHOUT a CREW validates this concept.

Today, I awoke to the RING of the "teli" at 9:00 a.m.as my Mom phoned from Texas just to see how I was doing. I had gone to bed at 6:00 a.m. I love my momma, and I was pleased to hear her voice. We chatted for a bit then I hit the sack and didn't get up till 2:00 p.m. Then it was off to the coffee house,"THE OFFICE," for work on my latest script LOSE THE DOG! Then back to the STUDIO, my studio apartment, to edit!

As Mentioned before, I'm editing my fifth film, MEXICAN AMERICAN PSYCHO, and i'm so close to the end. I'm content with the results.

That's all 4 now.....love, jd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home