JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Monday, February 05, 2007

STRONG end to WEEKend...


Last night I performed at a surprise 70th birthday "Bash!" here in L.A.. The gig was so much fun as I played mainly "Standards." i.e. STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT, NEW YORK,NEW YORK, MY WAY, ALL THE WAY, etc. I got offers to play at other events, so that's always a good sign. The night before I played at Ernie's Taco House. There my music ranged from I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND to SABOR A MI! Lot's of fun as well!

In terms of film, I'm so close to completing MEXICAN AMERICAN PSYCHO.
The process started with WRITING the screenplay then FILMING, and now I'm in the final stages of editing. Scroll down to see a clip.

That's all 4 now in a "Day in the Life," of an Indie/fugue filmmaker.

P.S. The pic I think is funny cause of my "freaky hair!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home