JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A pause for the cause...

So i decided to cancel today's shooting in order to do a minor re-edit on THE DIVORCE CEREMONY which will screen at the CINESOL film festival in my home town of McAllen, Texas this Saturday, Sep. 16, 2006 at 4:00 p.m.

A pause for the cause is always recommended, in my view, to all you indie "Run and Gun" filmmakers.

Look, if you're like me, you poor bastard if you are, I edit my own films, and that process takes at the very least a month. So to extend your "Principle Photography," by a week or so due to burn out is prudent, in my perception.

Your head will tell you that you're being a lazy bastard, and you probably are anyway when you're not shooting; but, if you read my last blog about dropping the love of my life, my camera, shit like that starts to happen when fatigue sets in.

Take a pause for the cause and you can use tweaking your last film as an excuse to do so! Your camera will thank you!

Now go shoot a movie! You lazy freaks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home