JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I performed for the FLY on the wall, LAST NIGHT! :)


Hi,
Last night, at UNIVERSAL BAR and GRILL in UNIVERSAL CITY at 1:00 a.m., as I was about to perform LET IT BE, LITERALLY, a FLY was on the wall checking me out! Was he clapping, as he clasped his scrawny little legs together; or, was he PRAYING that I finish soon so he could go about his business spreading bacteria throughout the bar without having to listen to me. As these "Bizzaro" thoughts ran through my mind, I looked up, and I realized the BAR was EMPTY! ZERO, NADA, not even the bartender was there! I realized as I, UNFAZED, played the opening chords to LET IT BE that I was literally PLAYING for the FLY on the WALL! I don't say this in jest; but, I don't think I've ever performed better, and the Fly on the Wall seemed to agree as he remained on the wall fixated on my performance ignoring a half empty glass of Margarita on the table next to him. The Fly on the Wall clapped continously with his scrwany legs, and I even think he WINKED at me! It was a milestone performace in my carreer, and the euphoria of that performance came to an abrupt end as two very "Wasted" folk came into the bar, grabbed the half empty Maragarita glass that didn't belong to them, but to the FLY, drank it then clapped at the end of my song!.....love, jd

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

bZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZ!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Stephen Worth said...

You should have played, Come Fly With Me and Fly Me To The Moon!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home