JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Monday, May 21, 2007

"Sunday, Sunday..."


I've never blogged in terms of what my Sundays are like; but, I like them alot! Yesterday, I awoke to churchbells ringing in my head then I realized, they were actually ringing. I live across the street from a Catholic Church which happens to be the church I sing at. Yes, I'm the choir director of the Spanish mass at 3:00 p.m. in North Hollywood. In any event, I awoke to the church bells tolling in my head, made my bed, as I create the bed that I lie in, and I made my way to the coffee shop for my drug of choice, CAFFEINE! After acheiving that goal, and checking my e-mails at the office, JENNIFER'S COFFEE shop, I went back home and got ready for rehearsal at 2:00 p.m. I arrived for rehearsal at the church auditorium to the smell of "Tamales" that a choir member had brought for a picnic that would take place after church. Choir rehearsal went well; however, only half my choir members were present, but they did all arrive on time for Mass. The MASS/MISA at THREE went very well as I could hear the congregation singing with us. The primary goal of a Choir Director at church is to facilitate congregational singing. After Mass, my choir had a picnic in which we ate the best "Grub!" My Choir memebers come from all sorts of Latin American countries; therefore, we had food from Argentina, Peru, Mexico, etc. During a soccer game, I was about to kick the winning goal, when I missed the ball and hyper-extended my knee, OUCH! After the picnic, I went and played music at Ernies Taco House and played a lot of Beatles, Billy Joel, and my current favorite artist Elliot Smith! Thank you, STEVE WORTH, for going to watch me sing! YAY!!!!...Sunday, Sunday in L.A......love, jd!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will it really be finished in two weeks?

If so, What year?

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home