JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

FLY on the WALL in Absentia.....

It was a concert for three, SARA, DREW, and KELLY ANN at the UNIVERSAL BAR & GRILL last night. The tunes ranged from Elliott Smith's, BETWEEN THE BARS, the BEATLES, to a song I just composed, STORY EYED! I SANG they drank, conversed, and clapped! I was grateful, but I was also sad. The FLY on the WALL from last week was absent. I wondered as I sang the Beatle's YESTERDAY where my little winged friend was this night. Was my "flying wonder" at another bar supporting another lonely solitary piano player. I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous at that thought. However, I knew how warm I felt last week as I gave my finest performance ever, even if it was just to fly on the wall, my flying phenom friend. That's when it hit me, as I sang "Why she had to go," it was no longer my turn, and that my little big eyed angel was winking at another soul in need of kindness and support. For this week, I actually had an audience, and thanks to the fly on the wall from last week, I had re-discoverd my VOICE! I love my life..........love, jd

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

Awww!

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BZZZZZZ.....(1,4,3)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Stephen Worth said...

Yay! The fly on the wall is back!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home