JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Friday, August 14, 2009

new feature film trailer, A VAMPIRE NOVELLA!



I really don't know how I all of sudden stumbled into making this my next feature film. ORSON'S LAST DANCE was next, but I had a major writer's block finishing the script that I decided to shoot another webisode series as film making push ups, if you will! "A Vampire novella's" first two days of shooting were for a web series. I decided to make it a traditional vampire story, black and white, and NO dialogue! Upon driving home from the second day of shooting, I had a brain fart:) I started visualizing all these different scenes to shoot then I had an epiphany. Because there is no dialogue, and this movie is entirely visual, anybody in the world could see it, and not need translation! That might be an incentive for a distribution company, I pondered! So, at that very moment it became a feature film instead of a webisode. Feature films is what I do, so it made total sense, even though everyone else thinks I've gone "batty!" But, I have! Watch the trailer, and you'll see:) I'll be shooting Saturday and Sunday which is the 15 and the 16, so stay tuned, and I;ll bring you up to speed! By the way, this film stars, in her film debut, Noelle Briana Dubois, Mario Valdez-Juarez, and me, yay! Believe it or not, I'm still casting! ha, that' s fugue film making, baby!! I love my life!! xoxo, jd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home