JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

J.D. MATA's new music video, "a simple song."


I chose to name this piece, "a simple song," even though those words, per se, are not in the song; because, it's a tune that came together quite simply in one late night piano playing session, recently. I did start with the objective to write a song, and it just came to me. If I recall correctly, I started the session around 1:30 a.m. and the song was complete and recorded by 3:30 a.m., or so. In terms of the music video, I chose to collaborate with the up and coming, amazingly talented, Tobi Sackheim! Her grandfather, IRVING BRISKIN, is one of the founders of Colombia Pictures. Trust me, she's got his gene pool! I love my life!! xoxo, jd

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a lovely artist & watching you develop is exciting! I would only ask you give the Beatles credit where credit is due.Thx.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home