JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

"Double hitter"

Yesteday was a "double hitter" in the sense that I shot a DAY/ INTERIOR then a location became available at the last moment and I scrambled to find the actors for the shoot and shot the unplanned NIGHT/EXTERIOR scene as well.

I was sitting at the Swinging Door BBQ restaurant in North Hollywood feasting on some Tri-Tip celebrating a successful day of shooting with my good friend Steve Worth, as I do every Friday night, when the call came in that the location was available. I was off to the races!

The day shoot consisted of my friend Dave who works at Jennifer's coffee house where I have my makeshift office.
In the scene, I stab him in the eyes. So sad; cause, he is such a visionary! Ok, bad yolk!! haha

For the night shoot, I managed to corral another Jennifer's clan, Wes, don't know his last name, and another buddy, Robert. Robert by the way is from the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas as well. They played Detectives who also succumed to the forces of evil, DANTE!

My mammoth crew consisted of the AWESOME Fernando Luis as Camera Operator and ME!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home