JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Where two or more are gathered...

In my view the screening was a "SU" not a complete "SUCCESS" The attendance was scarce as there was virtually no publicity for the film. All of the publicity went to larger budget films.

I had a few people come up & tell they cried at the end. Well okay, my mom & good friend Betty. Mom said this was my best film! I think she also kinda said that about my last film, and the one before that one.:)

By the way, I think these film festival's are losing perspective in terms of what they are about! When I think of a film festival I think of "Out of the Box," "Artsy," Unconventional, Ultra-low budget filmmaking with unknown actors, and FILMMKERS who like pawn everything they own to finish their movie! For the record, i haven't pawned everything I own, YET! That's only cause they wouldn't give me SHIT for my Timex!

Back to L.A. soon to finish Mexican American Psycho!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

I agree with Mom. Each of your films are better than the one before. See you when you get back!

Steve

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home