JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

"Filmmaker on the Run!"

So how does one shoot 2 1/2 pages from a script in less than four hours.
"Do it before my spouse gets home!" Okay, you guys are sick! It's not what you think. Shoot the, "SCENE," before the spouse gets home.
The crew consisted of me and a camera operator, and another actor. I used a three lighting set up. Key light, Back Light, and Fill Light, what more do you need!
Just to re-cap, I'm shooting my fifth feature film, "Mexican American Psycho!" I'm using the Panasonic DVX 100A 24p camera, and a 3 piece ARRI lighting kit!
All locations have been ""Begged, Borrowed, & Stolen!"
Yesterday, we transformed a perfectly beautiful dining room into a studio apt. where CHAVO the cook in the film lives, and DIES! I, playing, DANTE, the Psycho killer, does the honors. Alright already, I know it's not a stretch playing this role;)......jd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home