JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sweet 16

I shot day 16 of the Psycho flick last night. Call time was 8:30 p.m. and we wrapped around 4:00 a.m. By nature I'm nocturnal; therefore, if you work on a movie with me, you too will be nocturnal!

Last night's shoot was free of any "B.C.D's" (behind the camera drama). My crew consisted of my Camera Operator, the lead actress, and me! Trust me, a reprieve from the B.C.D's is a direct result of indie rebel w/out a crew filmmaking!

I write my scripts with this in mind. For example: One of last night's scenes consisted of a chase scene in a big old basement parking garage. My character DANTE is chasing and trying to KILL the female lead, CHLOE.

First of all, I knew that late at night that huge basement parking garage would be empty and LIT like a freaking million dollar action thriller! Secondly, because its basement parking for a market, there are always grocery carts, MY DOLLY SHOTS!!!

And here's the best part, the pilars, escalator, elevator, and amazing depth of field, were all FREE!

When you see this chase scene you will be PROUD, or maybe just wanna kick my ass for getting your hopes up:(...

P.S. My very first post is a music video I recently shot. "SHHeck" it out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

Set design by Ralphs!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home