JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

I've RE-surfaced!

Hola,

I'm still editing Mexican American Psycho, and playing quite a bit of music.

In terms of the editing, I would say I'm about 1/4 of the way through. The process has been relatively slow this time around as I've been kinda "dragging" my feet a bit. However, presently I've had a good rhythm going, YES! This movie is really different. It will either be something very special or a total "Bust!"

Musically, today I played a fundraiser for Providence St. Joseph Hospital in Burbank Ca. The songs I performed ranged from Billy Joel's "Just the Way You Are," to Frank Sinatra's "All the Way!" I think they really liked me cause I gave out my number to quite a bit of people for future playing engagements, & I actually got booked to play two parties.

I was supposed to play my regular Saturday night gig at ERNIES RESTAURANT afterwards, but the event ran late, and I missed it! I'll make it up to them somehow.

So there you have it. My life, kinda sorta, the last couple of weeks!

P.S.
Here is my daily routine, now that I'm in editing mode.
1:00 p.m rise and shine, and make my bed, and brush my canines.

1:30 p.m. Go to the office, Jennifer's Coffee House, and order Vanilla Nut mug of coffee, check my e-mail, check current events, and work on my next script, "The Teacher's Lounge."

3:00 p.m Go home and rehearse piano, guitar and vocals.

5:00 p.m. Go run the Mountains of L.A. Locations will vary. the steepest and meanest preferred! Then lift weights at Bally's.

7:00 p.m. Start editing.

9:30 p.m Have dinner at the Coral with Genius Stephen Worth!

11:30 p.m. Back to editing MEXICAN AMERICAN PSYCHO!

5:30 a.m Meditation, prayers, and bedtime!

Now go make a film!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

I want to see what you've cut so far!

your pal
Steve

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home