JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Music, film, and FUNDS! Things come in threes :)

MUSIC: Here's the skinny. In my film, PAN DULCE, there is a scene where I'm writing a song sitting on my "PORCELAIN THRONE!" Perhaps this is to much information, "BUTT" I did write a few tunes this weekend! Yay. In terms of performance, I played ERNIES Sat and Sun, to PACKED houses. I was a ROCK STAR! heehee Was it something in the weather? Dunno, it was a strange phenomenon, and I hope it continues. After singing at church on Sunday, I played a function for the church then I was off to Ernies. Tonight, Choir rehearsal then I'm at the Cafe Amsterdam which is a gig that I absolutely LOVE!

FILM: I'm having my final table read for THE TEACHERS LOUNGE tomorrow! I worked diligently this weekend on a final, final, final draft.

FUNDS: If you BELIEVE in your VISION, PURSUE your VISION, and STAY no matter what, SUCCESS will CATCH you. What may be the ABSURD in one person's eyes, may very well be SERIOUSLY INTERESTING to another! This improbable person has NETTED me, and has GREEN LIT the LOUNGE!

I love my life! ......love, jd

P.S. SAVING JERRY ROCKET opened this weekend on YouTube to over ONE HUNDRED views!! Well, I viewed it 95 times! Does that count.....Also, Thank you to the Beautiful TOBI SACKHEIM for her amazing cinematography! xo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tobi sackheim is proud of you jd. xo

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and tobi sackheim had a dream you won a peoples choice award, then a grammy and an oscar. she could hear the applause, it was good. 143

11:28 PM  
Blogger Stephen Worth said...

What?! No Golden Globe?!

your pal
Steve

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vision just like pain it's Mandatory and you have always had it!! That's why I believe in you..
Love you~Lety

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home