JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Monday, September 10, 2007

SAVING JERRY ROCKET!


On July 4th, 2007, walking back from the firework's show in Venice Beach with the beautiful Tobi Sackheim, out of nowhere as we were a few feet away fom Tobi's apartment, a stray cat LEAPED out from the bushes and started rubbing up against us. Uninhibited and filled with affection and love, he just hung out with us as we caressed him like he had been ours for years! I had a black dog as a kid named JERRY, and this cat was black; therefore, I named him JERRY. For a middle name, since it was the 4th of July, I chose, ROCKET! Thus began a loving relationship with Jerry Rocket! Tobi would feed Jerry Rocket, and often follow her into the apartment. A few weeks ago, Jerry went MISSING! Then the horrible news came from a neighbor who shared with us that Jerry had been mauled by a Pit-Bull! FORTUNATELY, Jerry SURVIVED and was taken to the hospital, had surgery then taken home to recover by an ANGELIC neighbor. She, out of her own pocket, spent over ONE THOUSAND dollars in medical bills for Jerry Rocket. I decided I had to do something! I'm a filmmaker and a musician. Those are my strengths, so I decided to combine the two, and make a documentary, SAVING JERRY ROCKET, in which I play music at the VENICE BOARDWALK and all my tips go to offset the medical bills. In this documentary, Tobi and I share our experiences with Jerry, and I interview the lady, PATTY, who paid the Medical Bills, and also the witness to the mauling. And many, many more surprises! I actually shot all the footage yesterday and I'm editing it right now. As soon as I'm done, I will post here FIRST!!! Stay tuned...I LOVE my life.....love, jd
p.s. Photo taken by TOBI SACKHEIM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home