JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

McAllen Highs and Lows!

HIGHS-
Flying! I love to fly. Hanging w/ my best friends and supporters, MOM and DAD! - The screening after party which went till 5:30 a.m. w/ all my hometown buds! Harvest Grain pancakes at the IHOP at 3:00a.m.! Sleeping in my old super comfortable bed that was a haven to deep sleeps during my teenage years! heehee ..Mom’s rice, beans, conchitas, carne, salsa, iced tea, etc. dad’s intelligence. My sister admitting she was wrong. I admitting to my sister, I was wrong. My older brother admitting we were both wrong, HE was right! The press interviews. Seeing Gil, Carlos, Kim, Elysa, SOFIA,KATIE,IRMA, and ANA, Nashla, Elvia. D.J. ART calming me down when the equipment for the screening wasn’t working. Playing guitar at Espana then getting hired to play a private party the following day for a lot of money, honey! Playing a gig at Newmans to a packed house! Looking forward to flying back to L.A. REVITALIZED to work on my next film THE TEACHER’S LOUNGE!YAY!

LOWS-
Leaving my family and friends....

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

waiting for your return. I want to hear all about it.

Ybfs

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Mr. Mata can't wait to hear all about your trip.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home