JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Annie get your gun.....

The Annies is an awards show for animation. It's llike the Oscar's, but for people who create cartoons. I had the pleasure of being the guest of STEVE WORTH, Director of A.S.I.F.A., an animation archive, and who received an Annie last night. He delivered his acceptance speech eloquently to a full house at the beautiful ALEX theatre in Glendale Ca. Congrats, STEVIE! The rest of my weeked consisted of taking care of my "God-Dogs," Billy and Vivian. I house-sit and take care of them when their owners go out of town. Below is a short film I made of the Wonder-dogs! I also was able to upload into my computer, for editing, footage that I shot for finishing up MEXICAN AMERICAN PSYCHO. I will edit that into the film tonight. love, jd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home