JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

THE LONGEST YARD

In the 70's cult film, "The Longest Yard," Burt Reynolds, a quarterback for the Prisoners' team, in which they play the against the prison Guards, has time for one more play in which to score a touchdown ONE yard away from the goal line. Scoring this touchdown leads to victory over the guards. In a classic moment in cult film cinema, he takes the snap, and in slow motion scrambles for which seems like an eternity evading tacklers, and in dramatic fashion scores! This a metaphor for my world at the moment as I struggle to finish this film. Last night, between the wee hours of midnight and this morning, I logged and captured the final pickup shots, and tonight I will edit them into the flick. I'm one yard away from scoring, as I feel like I'm in dramatic slow motion mode. Is this a good thing? I can only hope. Hey, hit "Fast-Forward," and go finish your film!......love, jd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home