JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

ASH' K ' why I have this mark on my forehead.....

Yes, yesterday was Ash Wednesday in the Catholic Faith, and I went and got my ashes on my forehead. I'm sure yesterday at some point, you saw someone with the "Mark!" Perhaps, Mel Gibson. Haha, just keeding! In any event, Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent which is when Jesus went up to the mountain and fasted, prayed, and was tempted for 40 days and nights. This is the length of LENT then comes Holy Week which leads and culminates with Easter, the RESURRECTION! I don't mean to get all religious, pious, and self-rightous, but it's kinda cool to write about your faith. At any rate, back to the Ashes. The ashes are a symbol of letting go, buring all past spiritual transgressions and shortcomings. In other words, all the shitty stuff you've done; hence, the ashes on the forehead with the sign of the cross. These next 40 days and nights, LENT, are a time for penance, prayer, peace, and JOY/EASTER!!!! A new beginning! Now go finish your film and convert to Catholicism!! heehee...love, jd
P.S. Last night I shot more inserts for the film. YEA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home