JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Friday, July 13, 2007

"Back on the saddle, again!" &, I'm in 4 a bumpy ride!

Have you ever run a 5k, or gone on a treacherous hike, or just gone through anything brutal that nearly ripped your guts out then as time passed, you romanticized about how the experience was so "Wonderful and Amazing!" Welcome to the world of FUGUE FILMMAKING! The last five films I made not only ripped my GUTS out , but my SPLEEN, GALL BLADDER and LIVER were left in perfect tact, but the rest of my body was trampled by a herd of ravenous blood thirsty chiguaguas, followed by swarms of humming birds on heroin looking for their next "FIX," and fixing their needle nose barbs on my "BUM," as my....well you get the picture! Nevertheless, the last five films I made were such a "Wonderful, Amazing, and Magical," experience that, I'm "Back on the saddle, again!" Heehee.... I have spent all morning making the final revisions on my next feature flick, THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE, which I'm aiming to start principal photography in mid to late August. I wrote this film two years ago, but with all humility, I'm a better writer today; therefore, still more work!

I got my laptop back from the APPLE store earlier this week, so it's full speed ahead in terms of re-writes; however, next week, I'm obligated to perform my civic duty as I start jury duty! I'll keep you posted on that front! I love my life!!! jd

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

Li'l Pal wasn't all that ravenous or blood thirsty!

Birth is painful, isn't it!
yps

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home