JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Friday, August 31, 2007

The McAllen chronicles and NEW video....


I’m sitting here at the I Hop chatting w/ this waiter, whose been off the clock for three hours, or so. He’s doing all the talking, and that’s COOL, cause he’s got a lot more interesting stuff to say than I do at the moment. The art to a great conversationalist is listening. Ironically, he’s just left. I guess my Art went out the window when I started blogging, and the real bad news is that It’s my turn to talk, via this blog, and you are my captive audience! :) This was my second day back in my OLD hometown of McAllen. My NEW hometown, the last eight years, has been Los Angeles, where I’ve been writing, directing, editing, and acting in the film industry. My latest project is a song and video I created as a commision from my sister, who champions the Education program GEAR UP that prepares Middle and High school kids for college. Thank you Oskar Hernandez, who let me use his editing suite in McAllen to finish editing the project. Oskar is a childhood friend who is professional musicain and an amazing video-ographer for weddings! Today, I set up the screen and solidified all the deatails for the screening of my film MEXICAN AMERICAN PSYCHO on Saturday. However, the HIGHLIGHT of my day was the amazing homecooking, rice-beans-meat-tortillas, from my wonderful beautiful mom! My dad was working, but I had a great visit with him yesterday. I’ll be right back.......................Okay, I’m back. I just purchased the newspaper, and they printed an interview about me my movie; so, I will blog on that next! I love my life...love, jd
p.s. I miss all my L.A. friends....

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

We miss you too. Chango at the Coral almost cried when he heard you wouldn't be there last night. Nice video!

yps

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home