JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ouch! That hurt, oh I get IT!


I was loading my equipment onto my truck to go play a gig in Woodland Hills this past Tuesday night, when I savagely caught my finger between my keyboard and music stand! The scintillating pain raced from my brain to my toes to the tip of my finger where it rested and screamed to my face, GOT YOU! As I owned the pain, a technique I've had to learn due to being an injury prone klutz, I had an epiphany! This was just another reminder of how painful the road to achieving your goals and aspirations can be! Moreover, it's not just about OWNING your pain, it's about acceptance whether real, metaphorical, small, or big! And, this too shall pass! I love my life!! love, jd
P.S. The photo is of the organizers and myself from the screening of "Mexican American Psycho" at the North Hollywood Arts district summer movie series!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home