JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

4 shooting days left in The Teacher's Lounge



Why do I do this? I write then I take a blogging hiatus, and leave my one loyal blogger, ME :), hanging! Just to recap, I've shot a total of nine days. Six days were shot at an actual faculty lounge in San Gabriel then we cheated the Principal's office at an office building in Van Nuys, MOVIE MAGIC! Four more days next week back at San Gabriel. I got sick with flu, so shooting was temporarily suspended. Just a note in terms of our locations. These locations were on loan to us, for free, by Angels here in this city who were in a position to do so. The lesson for me is that anytime I'm in a position to reciprocate, in any form, I must do so. For example, If someone flips me off, I smile: If there is someone at the coffee shop that looks lonely, say hello: Pay my taxes, make my bed, call my parents and tell them I love them. Roll the grocery cart to it's designated area; and, roll another one that is blocking a parking space. Lastly, DON'T TELL ANYONE about your good deeds. This is how a filmmaker, whose true calling is to be a filmmaker, is able to finish his films. It's a long process with many hurdles, but the key is to be comfortable in one own's skin:) You maybe asking, "WHAT?" Exactly, making movies is about STARTING and FINISHING, and everything in between just does not make sense! I LOVE MY LIFE!!!! love, jd

P.S.
Pics from the set.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

your one loyal blog follower?! Hmmm... might be one more right here!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home