JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Nine days of Nirvana filming....not quite, or maybe:)


This film has the following Interior locations: Teacher's Lounge, School Hallway, Principal's Office, Classroom - Exterior Locations: Flagpole, parking lot

I have so far completed filming in terms of locations, the Teacher's Lounge, and Principal's Office. In terms of the Lounge, we used an actual faculty lounge at a school which required us to shoot late into the night. That was also the case, in terms of the Principal's office, in which we used a business office to cheat as the office.

The Pro's to shooting these locations were that people out of the kindness of their heart and love film allowed us to shoot for free. The Con's were that it was a challenge for the actors because of the late nights.

Personally, as an actor, if I have the lead in a film, or even if it's a small part, I will shoot till the cows come home. Or, if you call me and ask me, "Can you shoot in an hour," I will BE THERE, with BELLS ON!

On the fifth day of shooting, there was a last minute cancellation by an actor, and I went on the LA Casting network and scanned the photos and saw JEFFREY LIPPOLD! He accepted the gig and that night he was on SET and stold the SHOW!!! He was an amazing actor and very professional. So much so, I wrote another scene for him! He came on set for that scene, and also hit a homerun!

I also want to acknowledge JAYNE CLEMENT, The Principal, and MARIO-VALDEZ JUAREZ, the Janitor, who have done an oustanding job on this shoot as well!!!! I love my life!!! Love, jd

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

congratulations! can't wait to see it. yps

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks JD that means a lot to me..haha..didn't think I would see this did you?...everyone was amazing to work with..and the talent was equally amazing. Can't wait to watch this and help you make the big budget version...hint hint....lol! How are you doing with the editing?

Best Always,

Jeffrey James Lippold

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home