JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Day 3 & REAL LIFE off camera drama in THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE!

If you weren't a night owl, and you were cast in one of my films, you will become one. "Whoo, Whoo,....., YOU!" :) My shoots have been starting at 6:30 and ending around 2:30 a.m. WE can only shoot nights, because we are using an actual faculty lounge, and for obvious reasons, we can only shoot at night.
The third night of shooting started off splendidly then an off the set mini drama unfolded. We have fallen behind schedule, thus forcing us to shoot another day. As I was making this announcement, two of the cast members objected to the extra days. One guy had another movie to shoot, and another guy said he had to work. Because, I really like theses actors, personally and professionally, I tried to make it work! After much debate, in VAIN, I tried to create a shooting date that would work for everybody! Instead, CHAOS instead of CREATIVITY reared it's ugly head! I made a tough choice, and I wrapped the two actors, and told them I would play one of the parts, and the other I would cast the next day. One guy made a mad dash to his cell phone to speak with the director from the other film, as he was given grace and able to shoot the extra day in my film. The other actor and I finally worked it out in a heart to heart private conversation! I love my life! Love, jd

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My girls had fun, and you can some fans to the "who in the hell is JD Mata" fan club. Now you can actually say the truth when you sing the LA Song and you talk about being on MTV........

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home