JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Saturday, February 09, 2008

7 days filmed in THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE!!!!

It's been a journey that has me convinced, more than ever, that my job as a filmmaker is to START and FINISH my film no matter what! I define the type of filmmaking I'm embarking in at the present time as FUGUE FILMMAKING. As I've written in past blogs, one must be in a Fugue state of mind in order to make films with a very limited budget. In other words, I must be oblivious to all the rescources that are available to big budget films and not to my project. For example, script supervisor, location scout, wardrobe, etc. I wear all these hats and do the best I can. In the end, it's all relative if you believe and have passion in your project!

This is not an indie project, as indie projects are actually MILLION dollar films these days. Hence, the FUGUE FILM label.

So far, in this film, I have worked seven days with over fifteen actors, and it's been fugue heaven. With the exception of a few rough spots in terms of scheduling, it has been anything short of a miracle. I cast a group of absolute professionals, as they waited patiently for their scenes to be filmed and worked from the hours of 7:00p.m. - 2:00a.m. We have shot over 48 pages of dialouge in 7 days which is really fast. That is a little less than 8 pages a day. In a studio film, the average is about 3. Lean and mean is the way to go. I love my Life,and much more to come with pics from the set. love, jd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home