JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

25 cents a minute

Shooting a feature film on a fugue film budget has it's unseen obstacles, EXOGENOUS VARIABLES! These are variables that you don't anticipate during the shoot and are inevitable, and you most overcome them to finish your film. Then there are EXOGENOUS MLIF VARIABLES! These are personal, outside the film realm, variables that you must get through in order to finish your film! For example, two Sundays ago, some drunk guy smashed into my parked truck at 4:00 a.m.!Then my cell phone malfunctioned then just yesterday my laptop crashed; hence, I sit here at KINKO'S at 1:55 a.m. being charged 25 cents a minutes to make this post and check my e-mails! I can't remember a time I blogged so fast;) The truck is being fixed as the guy had insurance, and I got a new cell phone with a better plan! The film, in terms of principal photography is almost finished, and I've already started editing! Moreover, I'm on hold after several auditions for a Coors Light commercial! Jump those hurdles, potholes, other stumbling devices during filmming and in life; and, if you fall, get back up and carry on fellow fugue filmmakers! At the end of the day, stand proud as you will have a feature film completed!!!Although, there is price to pay, 25 cents a minute! I love my life, and KINKO'S! love, jd
p.s. 143 cricket!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

EXOGENIUS!

yps

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home