JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Friday, March 07, 2008

Filming my scenes, tonight! YAY! And, music video for theirmusic.com "Unplugged Sessions!"


Tonight is the second shooting day for the scenes that I'M in. YAY! You may ask, "What? You're an actor in this movie, too!" Oh, YA, is my response! I suggest to all Fugue filmmakers to cast themselves in their own movie. This will give you an oppurtunity to really OWN the process! I cast my self in all my films because I LOVE to ACT! And, the only way to be a better actor is to ACT! So, here is a golden oppurtunity! Tonight, TOBI SACKHEIM, the very gifted grand-daughter of IRVING BRISKIN, Co-Founder of COLUMBIA PICTURES, will be the Director of Photography! I am grateful to work with TOBI, an up and coming filmmaker here in Los Angeles! In terms of the shoot overall, I've just about completed Principal Photography. I've completed a total of ten shooting days. The schedule has not gone quite as planned, but it mostly never does when you are shooting Fugue Films:) What is paramount, oops sorry Irvin, to Fugue Filmmaking is to START and FINISH your film no matter what. Moreover, POST in your BLOG, NO MATTER WHAT as well! I LOVE my LIFE!! love, jd

P.S.
The music video is a live recording of an original song for the Internet radio show, www.theirmusic.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

Peek a boo ending!

yps

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home