JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Monday, July 16, 2007

"My Cheatin' Heart!"


I'm really close to the finished draft in terms of THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE! I escaped JURY DUTY for today. I'll have to call after 5:00p to see if I have to appear tomorrow, and boy do I have my fingers crossed! The reality is that it may a be a hassle, but it is my civic duty as "Corny" as it may sound! Tonight, I have a "Double-Hitter." I play Cafe Amsterdam at 7:00 then Universal Bar and Grill at 11:30. I really LOVE playing music, and I'm so grateful for the "Gift" to do it! Music is my "First-Love" then filmmaking. However, when I start shooting THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE, filmmaking will be my "FIRST-LOVE!" Why do all of a sudden, I feel like I'm cheating on my wife or something! Geez, I'm not even married, so don't go judging me BUDDY! You don't even know, BROTHA! For your information, quite candidly, I love music and filmmaking EQUALLY! So there, are you HAPPY! heehee..I love my LIFE! ...jd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home