JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Friday, August 03, 2007

"Table read," 4 the LOUNGE!





The Read for THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE went really, really, well! I want to express my gratitude to the following actors for lending their voice and talent: Elizabeth O'Brien, Mario Valdez Juarez, Tony Volu, Brandon Scott, Caroline Neville, Mannie, Amy Lloyd, Joe Best, Christopher Snell, Mica Ray, Jeniffer Cetrone, and Robert Herrera. These actors brought voices to the characters that up to this point were only heard in my head! Although, I still continue to hear voices in my head, and I do have quite a great conversation with all 50 of my personalities, and.....JUST KIDDING! It's only 25 voices! hahaheehee In any event, the table read started at about 9:00p.m.; because I had choir practice before hand, whereas that's when magic started as Elizabeth O'Brien and Amy Lloyd actually joined my spanish choir in singing. They don't speak spanish, but they were extremely proficient in the language of SONG, which has no boundries, with their amazing voices! I LOVE my life...love, jd
P.S. Thank you Elizabeth for snapping the pics on your trusty phone!
P.S.S. I was gonna rotate the pics properly, but the screenplay is so TWISTED and QUIRCKY, that the pics are metaphorically perfect!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

I was fortunate enough to attend the "after party". at the fabulous Coral. Mario Valdez Juarez is a wonderful guy. (JD too!)

yps

2:58 PM  
Blogger rockstarscitchr said...

hmmmmmmm that auditorium looks like st. chucks! lol do you have permission to use that auditorium?

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home