JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

NUNS, and a Life long HABIT!

Tonight, I have Choir practice. When I was eleven, I was just learning the guitar, and the Nuns at the Catholic Church we attended, miraculously, caught wind of the fact that, I was a budding Choir Director in the making, and recruited me into their Choir! I was terrified, but how do you say NO to Nuns! I've been involved in the Catholic Music Ministry ever since! Furthermore, the last five years, I've been employed as the Choir Director of the Spanish Choir at St.Charles Church in North Hollywood. It is this Ministry that has allowed me to SURVIVE in L.A., and has allowed me to pursue my passion in filmmaking and music! I'm forever grateful for the NUNS at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in McAllen Texas back in 1976 for having the foresight to pick me for a life long GIG! I love NUNS and my LIFE!...love, jd

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

It's nice your laptop is fixed. Now we get lots of posts!

yps

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home