JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Friday, July 20, 2007

This FUGUE Filmmaker honored his CIVIC DUTY, barely:)


Well, all week I was on "Call" for Jury Duty which required me to call in to determine If I was to report for service at the L.A. Superior Court for the next day. Honestly, I can't say I was to dissappointed that my civic bravado wasn't required on Monday thru Thurs! Then Thursady night I picked up the phone for one LAST dial into my cherished American responsibilty! AND, sure enough, the Superior Court needed my superior services! Well, Okay, they needed an average citizen with a valid California Driver's licence, whom was registered to vote, and had no felonies. Hey! Stop, that! I know what your thinking!..."I DON'T have a FELONY! heehee.... In any event, it was my pleasure to share my astute judgement in the arena of the penal system. Long story, short, this GIANT of a potential juror, sat in a room for eight hours then was released from servitude! YAY! Until next year.... haha! I love my COUNTRY, and my LIFE!!! love, jd
P.S. The Pic is from the making of my fourth film THE 11th STATION You see my back as I operate camera. Also in the pic John my assistant, and JESSIE GARCIA the lead actor in the film. Jesse recently played the lead in the SUNDANCE AWARD WINNING film QUINCENERA!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Worth said...

Congratulations on your jurisprudence!

yps

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home