JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Monday, October 22, 2007

prelude to a KISS...part 3 in a series of 4

3:00 p.m. and the Ceremony starts at 5:00 It was a race to the ceremony all the way across the other side of L.A. The goal was to get there before the bride in order to film her getting out of the Limo. It wasn't gonna happen, because I had left the boom to the microphone back at my apartment. I had just enough time to retrieve the boom, and get back with plenty of time to prepare for the ceremony. At this point, I introduce my assistant in this venture, Richard. The ceremony and reception will be a two camera shoot. I call Richard, and he too is running a bit late. In any event, I get the boom, arrive at the ceremony, and Richard is there already and has shot interiors of the church to serve as CUTAWAYS during the edit. Cutaways are great transitions when editing. There was a platform set up at the front of the Alter to the side, which is where I was allowed to shoot from, and my other camera was allowed to use the Choir loft, and roam so long as we did not get to close to the ALTER. The filming of the ceremony started off just fine UNTIL the a groomsman stuck his head in front of the Bride and groom. An indiscreet, "SSSSST!" solved that problem! Also, I hid the microphone underneath the alter rail, and naturally, a groomsman kept bumpin' it! An indiscreet, "SSSSST!" solved that problem. The rest of the ceremony went off with out a hitch as my assistant and I captured, on film, what is to some women the most important moment of their life! It was off to the RECEPTION!!! more to come......I Love my LIFE! ...love, jd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home