JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to Home away from Home...L.A.

I sit here at the airport in Harlingen Texas reflecting on my trip home for the holidays. I must say in terms of the connection with the family, it was fantastic. At this time, the first flight of peeps are boarding the flight, which for me is an excuse to make this post short-kinda like my trip:) A month ago my dad was lighting up the house, as he does every year for the holidays, and he fell off the roof. Miraculously, he survived with a cracked vertebrae, a lot of bumps and bruises, and a vision as to how fast life can come and GO! This sums up my trip. It was come and GO! Back to Los Angeles in blink. He says he was standing on the roof, and in a blink of the eye, he was on the ground half conscience. New Years eve was spent with my siblings which was YIKES..... gotta board now, Back to making movies in L.A...... more later!! I LOVE MY LIFE....love, jd

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JD, Welcome home & Happy New Year to you!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Stephen Worth said...

welcome home jd. dinner?

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home