JD Mata Films

J.D. Mata is an actor, independent filmmaker, musician/ Choir Director, Piano Bar player, etc... He lives in Los Angeles. This is the place where he will reveal his "rebel without a crew" Robert Rodriguez inspired style of indie filmmaking secrets! And, just "A day in the life" stuff!

Friday, October 26, 2007

prelude to a KISS...part 4 in a series of 4

The reception is back in Burbank at the CASTAWAY'S restaurant which rests near the top of a mountain. It's a great view of the San Fernando Valley, by the way. I arrive at the location, and there is a line of cars. As I get out of my truck to see what's up, it's the bride getting out of the Limo! Well, I missed that shot! It was dark, so I probably couldn't have got it anyway. I brought three of my lights with me just in case, and good thing I did, cause I used them all night! Again, it's night by this point, and I first used them to light a very creative entrance outside the reception room. Here is a series of what I filmed at the reception: The "toast" by the Best Man and Maid of Honor- The Blessing by the Priest- The Father of the bride speaks- The Bride and Groom speak- The wedding party dining-The cutting of the cake- The Bride and groom dance with their parents then their FIRST DANCE as husband and wife!- Interviews of guests wishing them well!-Lots and lots of dancing! By the end of the night, I had shot eight hours of footage. I'm editing that now, and I will post highlights very soon. I LOVE my LIFE! love, jd
P.S. The last shot of the night I managed to shoot was just as the bride and groom left the reception room, he gave her a KISS!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeaaa. I knew it was coming!!
Nice..thanks

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home